sugar for wounds

I have used a mixed of sugar and betadine in the hospitals and nursing homes for years to heal decubiti.  There is no special formula.  Just mix the standred plain betadine solution with sugar .  A mixture the consistency of thick honey or molasses that you can apply without it being too soupy is want you you want.

You really can't make a mistake. If  it is too thick add more betadine, if too soupy add more sugar.  I have never heard of heating it, but I have never tried to need it for a long time.
Do not use iodine or betadine scrub.  I had never thought of. of using it on my horse.  What a great idea.   Pat