tapes / loose horses

Don't forget John Lyons for one of the absolute best techniques for safely
address how to handle evasive techniques.  Forget the fancy ropes, less is
safer.  It is only another interpretation of what we call Natural
Horsemanship.  Also, see FAQ's on trailer loading on the endurance.net.  You
can rent John Lyon's tape at many tack stores.  Or follow my link on
www.plough-electric.com/kim/natural.htm

When I was learning to ride with my (late) cousin Sue up in Livermore on her
two horses we rode in their pasture alot.  Of course, their pasture was 100
acres of rolling scrub oak hills.  Only advice I got was "remember, this is
their playground".  As long as we kept dominant body language we didn't have
any problems and I rode Gambol who was just about bottom of the herd, she
rode Sonny who was far enough up to be "embarrassed socializing with
Gambol!".  Horse interactions are wonderful!  Boy did it make the adrenaline
rise...<g>

Of course I broke my arm 2 years ago when a family of Fresians turned loose
by the owners of the ranch decided to defend their territory while I was
riding....ever see freight trains with manes coming full blast at yea?  I
thought we were gonna "run with the herd" (maybe like in the old
days...never thought about that before) but when my borrowed quarter horse
spun on a hill, you know who went flying and landed wrong.  Never again my
friends, never again.

It sounds like the original poster is having the time of her life being able
to do what she does with those horse.  Enjoy.

Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab..."that was you out there when I was a wild 4
year old?")