check tendon

My gelding pulled a check tendon two years ago, which effectively took him off riding for months.  (I was in no hurry to injury him again!).

Treatment:  pressure cold water - 1/3 hr, at least twice a day.  Use a garden hose, and direct the stream of water at the tendon area.  This will encourage blood flow to the area.  No more than 1/2 hour because the benefit reverses - however I don't remember what the vet described.

janetb