Re: Convention: was LD

In a message dated 3/16/99 10:15:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mitts_n@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Sorry you had such a bad time at the convention. Unfortunately, that is
 the only place there is a large gathering of the membership, and it is
 where the voting on rule changes is done. It is the only chance AERC has
 to be "political". Time is precious, and there is serious business to be
 taken care of. IMHO that is the main purpose of a national convention.
 It can be dirty work but sometimes it just has to be done.  The concept
 and  >>

Nancy,

Thank you for your reply.  I never said we did not have a good time at the
convention.  We actually had a very good time.  I only said that it was not as
sociable as we thought it would be.  It has been brought to my attention by
several ridecampers including yourself that the national convention is a place
for business at hand to get done.  With that said it sheds a different light
on my opinion of the convention and I can appreciate the hard work that
everyone puts forth.  Next year when we go I will know what to expect and
myself will try a little harder to make sure I force "my hand" out be
friendlier.  Please believe me when I say I did not mean to knock the
convention and if it came out that way I apologize.  I though the vendors were
excellent and also my wife attended three lectures and she said they were
excellent.  Again thank you for the reply and lets have a great ride season.