Fwd: RC: I'm a insecure Newbie

In a message dated 3/11/99 7:54:42 AM EST, psbrush@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I will be showing up (I think) at my first ride in early April, alone.
 I will have the wrong tack, I will not have a clue what I am doing and
 look totally out of place with all the athletes.  After all this talk on
 Ridecamp I am wondering if I an just kidding myself and should stay
 home.   >>

If you are in the SE, and doing LD, you can tag along with me!  But,
otherwise, just to let you know you are not alone.  We've ALL been there, do
not be ashamed or intimidated, just come and learn.  You will find a great
number of folks that will help you all they can.  Be outgoing and ask
questions.  Good luck and watch out.....it's addictive.
Leigh

---- Begin included message ----
 confess,  I'm a newbie.  I have been riding for years and was going to
get into Endurance 8 years ago but kids and 4-H took priority.  Now that
I have a little time (not enough to condition every day) I am a bit
overwhelmed about getting into Endurance.  I have been on Ridecamp for 6
months and find the discussions interesting, informative and
intimidating.

I'm 50 years old, 20 lbs. over weight, a procrastinator, live in
Southern Wisconsin and do not like cold weather (moved from Portland 2
years ago).  I am amazed I have never killed a horse out of my own
stupidity, and do not own any good saddles.  On the up side I have
ridden (off and on) for 35 years,  have done a lot of horse camping
(usually with 10 4-Hers), and love to ride, ride, ride and have fun.

I will be showing up (I think) at my first ride in early April, alone.
I will have the wrong tack, I will not have a clue what I am doing and
look totally out of place with all the athletes.  After all this talk on
Ridecamp I am wondering if I an just kidding myself and should stay
home.

A somewhat insecure Newbie

Peggy with Misty, Leggs, Skip and Corky

---- End included message ----