Re: RC: re: LD april lee

At 12:17 PM 3/10/99, you wrote:

>if i choose to do 25's i'm not fooling myself or any one else.  it seems the
>fun side of this sport is being put on the back burner.  LD rides are not
just filled with novice
>riders and horses.  there

My original view was flawed about only novices riding in LDs..  Thank you
for pointing that out to me.  I know I have a lot to learn about this
sport.  I *try* not to pretend that I know more than I do.  :) I'm trying
to put all the pieces together.

>for those who do, more power to them, but dont look back at the LD riders as
>is they dont count.

I never meant to imply that LD riders don't count.  I mean to quite happily
work my horse at LD until I decide differently.  Whether differently is to
drop out or do more miles has yet to be seen.  And maybe I'll never decide
differently <g>

>your high school anaolgy makes me a drop out, but my entry money, my
>volunteering, my managing
>many rides over the years lends more support to endurance riding than

You're part of the faculty!  :)

>"(endurance means 50's miles as
>defined by AERC)", dont
>forget, as defined by AERC (TO FINISH IS TO WIN), no matter what your goals.
> every individuals

I get that.  I did not mean my e-mail to imply that racing is something I
will do.  I don't intend to ever place.  If it happens that way, great, but
I'm not planning on it.  I'd rather be allowed to finish the ride than risk
being pulled or risk hurting my Apache.  He's the love of my life; what
would I do without him???  :)

>accomplishments should be recognized for what it is, no matter what distance
>you ride.  take

I agree that finishing any distance can be an accomplishment.  However, the
issue I was referring to was the confusion about the definition between LD
and endurance.

>these comments as you will from  someone walking by the camp fire.

Thank you for your comments.  I'm definitely no authority on this topic,
but I do like to voice my opinions and get feedback.

Off to train for the race...uh, ride!  :)  JOKE, people.  LOL

---April
   Chattanooga, TN