Re: who pays?

<<Marci Cunningham, on Mon, 8 Mar 1999, wrote the following>>
Louise,

As a point of reference for rides in other regions could you list how much
you charged for the LD ride and the Endurance ride?  I think it's
interesting that you don't charge junior riders.  Most rides in the Pacific
Southwest region give discounts for junior riders but I don't know of any
that allow juniors to ride for free.  My personal feeling is that junior
riders ought to be paying some sort of fee.  Their horses are being looked
at by the vet and they get a completion award.  If you had 5 junior riders
and you charged $20 each you would have broken even.  It's very generous of
you to subsidize the junior riders, however the days of your generosity may
be numbered.

I'd like to hear from other ride managers on fees charged for different ride
distances.
<<end of post from Marci Cunningham>>

Marci,
To address your questions and to address a couple of points in another post,
here is the information from Louise's ride.

Cougar Prowl 25/50 Entry Fees:
Mileage        Sr        Jr
25             50        20
50             60        20

Louise also offered a $10.00 discount for AERC members and a $10.00 discount
for a Sr. rider sponsoring a Jr. rider.  I believe that the fees last year
were different
but I don't have last years ride book with me, so I would defer that to
Louise.  As
to other factors affecting the ride attendance, I can only really comment on
the
weather.  It was a great day for the ride, temps in the 40's and 50's, clear
skies.
BTW, Bruce & Louise always put on an excellent ride, this year no exception,
so a bad rep. is also out.

For comparison, the next two rides close to Cougar Prowl are the Cherokee
Challenge 15/25/50 on March 20 and Spring Challenge 30/50/100 on April 3.

Cherokee Challenge 15/25/50 Entry Fees:
Mileage       Sr        Jr
15             15        10
25             45        27
50             70        37
Discounts offered are $10.00 for AERC members and $5.00 for Sr.'s wearing
a helmet

Spring Challenge 30/50/100 Entry Fees:  (My ride)
Mileage       Sr        Jr
30             40        20
50             70        30
100           110        50
Discount offered:  $10.00 for AERC members.

I have the entries and results from the last two years of the Spring
Challenge.
I'll post three years worth of attendance and entry fee information after the
ride, with the caveat that this years numbers for the 50 will be skewed by the
fact that it is the central region 50 mile qualifing ride for the natl.
championship
ride.

Hope this answers some questions for you.

Regards,

Lem Beason