The Easyboot Ride Managers Program

At the AERC convention - I took another look at the
program Easycare has done to provide a ride management
support program.  They have made a number of improvements
since the last time I looked at it. Especially bug fixes.

I decided to give it a trial at the Shine and Shine Only
ride this w/e since with my knee surgery - I am not
riding for a while....

Becky and Maryben agreed to let me try it as a backup
to the regular scoring and it worked out reasonably
well.  We were able to produce the BC results and the
regular forms that would be sent in to the AERC office
for the ride. Along with just about any other form
a ride manager might want.

Several things that were nice - it took care of the
riding time calculation and did all the BC calculations
so we didn't have arthimetic problems.  There is a
small bug in the BC part but we were able to work around that.

Bottom line is that while it is not yet production quality
- it is a lot closer than before.  They are fixing
some previously reported bugs and if they fix the ones
I report - it should be fairly usable.

Actually the biggest problem I had was that for laptop
screens in the sun - or even shade - I couldn't find
the cursor.  There is a lot of difference between a
regular monitor - or a laptop indoors - and one outside...
One solution is to set up a table inside a trailer so
that you are out of the sun... and bring extra batteries...

Although Easycare says the program is free and downloadable
from the web site - www.easyboot.com - it is not available
there yet until they fix the bugs.  It is free though
and I got my copy on CD ROM from them.

It installs to about 4.1M on your hard drive and the
ROM contents can be zipped to a 3.6M file.  You
could get it by e-mail if both you and Easycare
were on a T1 or better.  Downloading it from
the site might be a pain if you only had a 33.6 modem.

If anyone would like more info on the trial - please
contact me at mmaul@flash.net.

Mike Maul
W/CT Regions
Sunnyvale/Houston