Re: Running Martingales

In a message dated 1/9/99 10:39:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbeverly4@aol.com
writes:

<<  I realise that on Ridecamp we're all talking about a
 different level of dressage, but we should be careful when we cite dressage
as
 a cure-all for anything.  >>

You are right that when most of us "prescribe" dressage here, we are talking
about dressage-the-classic-and-natural-way-to-teach-horses-to-utilize-
themselves as opposed to dressage-the-dog-eat-dog-stylized-competition.  With
a few true horsemen, the two overlap, but to too many, the latter form of
"dressage" is as gimmicky as any other showring discipline, with no holds
barred to achieve the "frame"...  When dressage is used in the former sense,
the horses become relaxed, happy, more controllable, more physically able, and
considerably better at anything else they do.

Heidi