Prolixin

>vet give him
>a shot of "prolexin" (sp).  The shot lasts for about a month and did more for
>him than Quietex ever did.  He handled the trailering and new location with
>absolute calm.  It did not dull any senses it just removed the anxiety from
>his life.  In fact so much, he was seen sighing in his stall, previously
>unheard of for him.  I'm not sure if it tests drug free, but I do know that
>pleasure and jumpers use it.

	Prolixin is a potent long acting human antipsychotic drug. IT's effects
last longer than the time period for which it is detectable. That is why
the hunter/jumper crowd use it. It is, under the AHSA rules, a prohibited
substance.
	I am bemused to see the number of posts over the last few days decrying
the use of bute while advocating using foreign substances, be they natural
or otherwise, to affect a horse's mind...
		--CMNewell, DVM