re: tevis & panty hose

This topic reminds me of a story I heard early in my endurance career.

A former farrier of mine (about 20 years ago) was an endurance rider and
a manly cowboy type.  He told me of his first experience wearing panty
hose under jeans.  He'd learned when he went to the Tevis (in the early
70's, I believe) that some of the guys wore panty hose under their jeans
to prevent chaffing.  So, Joe (we'll call him Joe to protect the guilty)
decided he'd try it on his next endurance ride.

The results were not quite what Joe had expected.  Being quite a hairy
guy, his leg hair managed to work it's way through the panty hose.  This
in itself would not have been a problem.  However, the rubbing of the
jeans tied the hair in knots -- on the OUTSIDE of the panty hose.  Joe
had to shave his legs to get the panty hose off after the ride!!!   This
was just more humiliation than this manly man could take.  This was the
last time he tried panty hose.  From then on, jean chafing was just fine
with him.

Linda Van Ceylon,
Mountain Region

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]