Re : Bute

Heidi says:

You are absolutely right that bute will not cover up a serious
biomechanical
injury.  What it WILL do is lull you into not addressing whatever minor
metabolic problem or chronic problem is causing the discomfort to begin
with.
Saddle fit?  Back slightly out?  Not utilizing rear limbs properly?  Slight
deficiency in diet causing cramping?  CPK up past where it should be?  Or

So you are saying that horses DO NOT get muscle soreness after a ride ?
Even a 75 , or 100 miler ? I am not trying to cover anything up at all I
just feel that it helps with the trailer ride home . IF I am lucky I get to
go to one ride a month so I am not buteing my horse up to make it to
another , he also gets at LEAST a week off of riding after a 50 and two to
three weeks off after a multi-day or 100 miler . So no one is trying to
hide anything or get away with masking a problem to go to another ride as
quickly as I can . Now if  I did not have to trailer my horse home after a
ride that would be a different story .
                                           Drin & Bo
                                           S.W. Mt.