Sheath Swelling (long)

From: Barb Peck
Email: bpeck@together.net

Thanks everyone for responding.
(I'm home with the flu today.. so I', right on
endurance.net!.
After years of trying conventional and homeopathic remedies on this horse
(yes I'm persistant) here's what I
think (and my conventional medicine vet
and my homeopathic Vet are pretty much
in agreement.)

1) It's circulatory in nature, only occurring
when he's very idle in the winter.
It doesn't seem to bother him in any way.

2) Weekly sheath cleaning, antibiotics,
don't work. (blood work for absolutely
everything is A-OK)
3) This horse is considered "reactive" in that something is triggered when he gets a Rabies or Tetnaus shot.  He has immediate swellings after the injections
and his reactions have been varied and
not good... I could go on forever about this one.  It's not a classic allergic
response,
and it doesn't seem to matter what kind
of shot he gets.
Changing manufacturers doesn't help either.

4) The Homeopathic Vet suspects vacinosis
and I tend to agree. Hense no more shots for this horse.
He's going to have titres checked for Rabies
and Tetnaus.. no more shots.
5) Conventional Vet has treated and seen the horse after his last Rabies shot and agree.. no more shots.

There may be a connection, maybe. Maybe not.

I am going the homeopathic route now, as conventional
hasn't improved it.

This condition doesn't seem to bother the horse
but I just think there's something
unerlying (that's not a good thing)
that's causing it.
This horse is ridden about 600 miles per season
is pretty laid-back and a VERY dependable partner that I want around for
a long time.
  I'll save the Emails of the people iterested in the problem
and if I EVER figure it out... I'll
post to Endurance.net.
Thanks Again,
Barb