Purina Athlete

Hey guys!!  Hope everyone got all they  wanted for Christmas!!  I know I
had a great, relaxing time...
So, sorry if this is really late, hashed over already and forgotten...:-)

I used Purina for a while...I had a stallion at the time, breeding and
riding.  I was not riding him hard as far as speed, but miles were adding
up for us.
I added Athlete to his regular grain, not a lot, but I  was adding  it.  I
had two things happen that I had never had before and  didn't have after I
quit using it.  One, he  ran away with me. BAD...it wasn't a light
runaway.  It was a full out, down the  road, thought I was gonna die run
away.  Two, at a ride he cramped up.  From head to tail, he cramped full
up.  Put his head down to  drink and couldn't lift it up.  Scared me to
pieces!!   I  had to hand walk him the five miles back to camp.  Angie
McGhee came along and  took the JR I was sponsering, and told them  back
at camp I had a horse in trouble.   Blood work  showed nothing major
later,  so  it was not a classic tie up, but he was cramped all over. We
treated him with a little fluids, but not IV..just nasal tube.  He was
fine later.  I took him off the  Purnina totally, heard some others say
how they  had trouble with it, and that was that!!

Oh yeah, he looked great though!!  Good weight, great bloom.  Very
pleasing to the eye.....

Samm C. Bartee-#9432
with
B Jets War Eagle--Ara-App