Feeding Alfalfa

Hi Susan,

I always enjoy your posts.  I was wondering what you would consider a good
diet for horses in So. Cal.  I live in Malibu and feed alfalfa with
multi-grain hay, half and half--Alfalfa PM and Grain Hay AM.  I supplement
with beet pulp.  I have an old retired Thoroughbred that I give all
Alfalfa, but the others get the half & half treatment, and they are used
for NATRC and Endurance.  What do you think of the grass hays now being
sold?  My current alfalfa is really poor quality but the grain hay is good.
 I can see, though, that the horses seem to prefer alfalfa, or consider it
a treat.

Thanks for your help.  Gail