need farrier and questions on trimming

Hi, my horses where just trimmed ,so close that 2 are having trouble
walking. There have been problems in the past, so its not just this one
time. Isn't a hoof supposed to have an area of growth , like our finger
nails, so you don't cut into the quick and make it sore. I'm wondering if
our one horse has leg trouble or if she has been trimmed short
repeativatly. Anyway can anyone recomend a shoer in the Oregon City,OR
area.Please respond directly to me ,so the list isn't bomb-barded, Thank
you.

Susan, and the TWH  mares (Lady & Silky...who need better names than that!).
Beavercreek, OR, USA