RE: Proudflesh

Lori:
I have had great success with Equicare proud flesh powder. Hard to find but great stuff. I usually use it while I'm using Furizone(nitrofurizone)ointment and mix the two. If the wound is already dry and you no longer need the antibiotic ointment and the powder will not stick try mixing it with Vaseline. It is a great product. I have had some bad leg injuries over the years and this has always worked for me. The mixture should have enough powder in it to change the color of either the Furizone or the Vaseline.
Good luck ,

Nicole Huttar
Araby Farm & Jumping H Farm, NC

Help! I have a 4 month old colt that injured his knee and fetlock joint in
a battle with a gate(he lost). The wounds are healing up nicely, except for
some proud flesh building up on the fetlock. Anyone have any sure-fire
remedy for taking care of this? It isn't going to interfer with his being
able to travel, but it getting to be extremely unsightly. Thanks for any
info.
Lori B.