Fwd: Electrical Fences

In a message dated 98-09-25 01:02:49 EDT, wencel@foothill.net writes:

<<
 Anyone have any feedback on the electrical fences (like the Real Corral
 that Sportack sells)? If you buy one in a larger size and you don't have

 enough room to set up that size, can you set it up in a smaller size or
 does it have to be all or nothing? How much trouble is it to replace the

 battery? How easily is the fencing unit set up and dismantled?

Celenia: I use a very simple electric fence setup. Relatively inexpensive
also. I bought an empty spool, one roll of white 3/4" electric fence tape, 15
step in posts, and the Galliger Electric Fence Charger. It takes me about 3
minutes to set up two paddocks for the horses that come with me. The charger
runs on "D" batteries or your DC truck or camper battery. There are many
chargers out there, I prefer Galliger Brand (many yrs, exp. with cattle
ranching & horses)
  Empty spool: $4.50
  Roll of tape:    24.00
  Charger:         80.00
  Posts;            20.00
  Gate Handle:   3.50
There are many ways to do this, I have found this to be easy, safe, and useful
for other purposes.

Leigh SE

---- Begin included message ----

---- End included message ----