weight

Note; to all you disbelievers---hear me:
Just a note to a thread on the discussion about weight. If there is any
doubt that weight isn't an issue in any race including endurance racing
I recommend revue of the ride results. One can readily see that overall
the races are won by either FW or LW nationwide. Granted that the
ability of the jockey bears greatly on the horse's placing, for example
let Larry Kanavy ride Cash or some other rider that is not as
competitive and see where he finishes.Taking nothing away from Cash,
remembering that GOOD HORSES make good trainers and jockeys.
An added note; In endurance racing the trail makes a big differenc in
terms of (1) the horses home trail (2) the terrain,i.e. OD and the
mountain trails (3) the area from where you come.
For example, there is no race where the trail is a one horse path or the
rocks are of such that only the locals can navigate them or the sand is
extreme.
Never the less I would bet my money on a heady FW riding a game
horse that wanted to win  what ever the circumstances.
This is coming from an ex-jockey,Veterinarian, endurance rider that
weights in at 175 so I really have no problem with winning but I feel
sorry for the heavier riders that want an equal chance.
Carl