Re: picket lines (and portable corrals)

In the 6 yrs of competition, I've used portable corrals, Pickets of various
types and electric fence paddocks. I have chosen to stay with the electric
fence paddocks....There are good reasons to choose any one of the options. I
just find that with using the white electric fence tape and the Galliger
portable charger, all is well. I have had someones' loose horse come
barrelling up to my paddock and sliding to a stop! No horse has yet broken
through our white tape fence. I have seen this happen to others though. I've
had trouble with the picket lines, don't feel too safe using them. The
portable corrals are usually too light weight and my horse found out how to
lift them with his head. I've also seen a horse get badly hurt running into a
portable corral system at JDs ride a few years ago, so the corrals don't
always avoid that sort of thing. I find the electric paddock very easy, fairly
cheap, and useful for other purposes at home between rides.

Leigh SE