Re: Starting endurance

Dear pschopony (love the name, btw),

<< I want to start my 4 yr old QH on endurance.  He is in fairly good shape,
but
 we never did any series miles yet.  What do I feed my horse and how much?
How
 do I measure distance, such as miles, since I would be working on trails?
 What about hill work?  How do I know when my horse is being asked enough or
 too much?  What should I do about cross training, e.g. barrel racing,
jumping.
 Thank you.
 PSCHO Pony and Spirit >>

     What are you trying to do?  Start another big argument on ridecamp?  We
sure don't need people posting such inflammatory questions here.  Enough
fights break out over the benign stuff, like what is the best liquer to drink
after the ride, cheap wine or cheap beer?  Do you realize what you have
probably just done . . .? <VBG>
      Seriously though . . . this is the place to get your answers!!!  Don't
ask me, I've never done this sport yet either, but want to.  Don't let anyone
tell you a QH can't do it either.  My friend Linda rides a QH, and she's done
it. Good luck!!! Hope to see you on the trails some day soon!

Trish & pretty David, TNG
Grand Blanc, Michigan