Re: fees for jrs.

Sandy,

If you go back and read my whole post, you will see that I do think
at least one Jr. should be free with a "family" membership.  The
quotes are to emphasize that the current AERC family membership is
no such thing - a real family membership is normally about 1.5 times
a single membership and includes children w/o extra charge.  AERC's
"family" membership is any other person(s) in the household at $10 each.
I like having families in the group, but I can think of several
couples (no kids) I know of where each one rides a lot - I don't
think it is equitable to subsidize adults this way.  I would like
to see a $10 Jr membership with any AERC member sponsoring - and the
AERC family membership changed to $85. - (With at LEAST 1 JR included)
which would keep a families fees the same as current.   If you are
spending $500 a yr you are registering many many new horses
every year and I don't think every family does that.  (recall the
horse fee is a 1-time shot - not an annual charge)

>We agree that $65 is rather high for a single. That was made more than clear
>when the dues were raised 2 years ago. There should certainly be a discount
>however, for each additional family member who is added. First of all, even
>thought we are all members in our family, we only get one issue of AERC News.

Teresa