ironhorse ride

< Folks this is where it's at, let's not
 discourage the families from our sport with extra fees.
 As a ride manager I'm really glad the LD wasn't AERC sanctioned. It' >>
That is all well and good.  But if there was a non sanctioned limited distance
ride put on with an AERC sanctioned ride, it is in direct violation of the
long existing rules of the AERC.  Unless of course, the ride was less than 25
miles so that the rules could be circumvented.  I find it amazing that people
are willing to brag about breaking and/or circumventing rules in a sport they
profess to love.  This makes it totally unfair for all of the many ride
managers who do comply with the rules, especially since the $10.00 rules for
LD is not in effect yet and has no bearing on this ride...MB