AERC Backbone

Good evening,
I have been reading carefully all discussions on LD and rides lately.
Maybe I've interpreted things wrong, but the REAL BACKBONE of AERC is the
ride managers, for if it were not for them, there wouldn't be any rides!  I
think the BOD should listen VERY CAREFULLY to RM across the country when
they think of adding fees, rules, etc. for if that becomes their "last
straw" and they quit putting on rides, where does that leave the rest of
us?  (Seems this is already happening in the NW?)

Let me give an example...Jane Smith puts on a good, small ride.  She has 20
LD riders, and 20 50 milers and she just breaks even every year.  Now that
the LDs have to pay $10 more, 5 of them decide not to go.  Jane is in the
hole $200, as her overall ride costs are the same.  Do you think Jane is
going to put on the ride next year???

We can talk about this til we are blue in the face, but if the RM don't
want it, don't make them mad!  I JUST WANT TO RIDE!!

Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
CT REGION