cosequin pit crew comments

I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth having been pit crewing for
Mohammed Al Shafir from the United Arab Emirates.  He was riding Bill Wilson's
horse that he completed the Tevis on earlier this year. He was riding
conservatively and doing a great job.  At 54 Miles the horse vetted through
fine but then began to show mild colic signs.  we pulled and he needed no
treatment.  we were just as disappointed as Mohammed. He really was doing all
he could do, it was just one of those things.
also, he told me that this was just how the weather is in Dubai,  that should
really give and edge to our East coast riders.  We all know that horses take a
while to adjust to the humidity, lari Shea's was the perfect example. A
wonderful horse that just couldn't handle the humidity very well.

I thought the ride was really professional and that all the foriegn riders had
fun. Bold Soldier finished with a UAE rider  finished with 10 minutes to
spare.  come on guys, how are other countries ever going to learn if the USA
doesn't help them? we are the best at this, and usually, the friendliest!!!

also, on ivey's comment about selling good horses.  I have sold several
myself, yes, I could use the money, but mainly because I hate to waste a
horse with world class potential just because  I lack the money and the drive
to ride at that level. I did once, and although I love being involved , I just
don't have the competitive drive it takes to do that anymore.

So, lighten up people,  putting on a regular ride is hard enough, this must
have been an incredible undertaking and they did a super job..........amy
whelan