Weight question

My friend, Suzanne (who got me into this! ;-)), and I were sitting at lunch
today hashing over the answers to the "completion question" when she
brought up a question on weight rules.  I said that I would ask you all
since she doesn't have internet hook-up on her computer at home yet -- and
I, of course, know only some of the basics so I was no help whatsoever.

During which competitions are people required to weigh in or under what
circumstances?  Do they weigh in before the ride, after the ride, or both?
What about changing clothes as the weather changes...and what about food
and water carried on the ride?  What about quarter sheets (rump rugs) that
may be used during part but not all of the ride?  Does the weigh in include
every bit of tack including over-reach boots and splint boots?

Thanks to all who answered my "completion question" -- this is a great
group and I appreciate all of the help that I've received in my attempts to
not look like a total idiot at the rides!! ;-)

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.