skunk encounter

Hi,

Not to get off the subject of horses or endurance but I have to warn folks
in New England about the numerous skunk sightings this fall. I have had two
encounters in the last two weeks while walking trails that I usually ride
.(my horse is lame and on rest so I've been out walking the dogs more than
usual)  The encounter today was very scary-the skunk chased us for at least
a mile til we got back to the trailhead and could jump in the car. It
chased another person on a bike and skunked his dog and attacked a stick he
threw at it so it obviously was rabid. This was at 3 PM on a bright , sunny
day. So beware of those cute, little black guys with the white stripe down
their backs-they can run faster than you ever imagined! (I felt like I was
in an Alfred Hitchcock movie!)

Pam in MA