Re: Nutrition Questions

<<Subject: Nutrition Questions

Second question being has anyone used the product called Natural Glo. It
would be used for trying to put some weight on a horse. It is a rice
bran mixture with a fat content of 20%, sounds like it could be a good
product for putting the pounds on a horse that needs it. Please let me
know if anyone has used this and with what results.
Thank You in advance for any replies.
ThanksTrish>>

Hi Trish,

I use Natural Glo for my foundered mare on my vet's recommendation.
I've also talked to many people who like the product.  It is somewhat
costly ($22-30 per 40lbs).  This mare looks like a walking skeleton
since being put on an oat hay diet after her founder -- she thinks any
non-alfalfa hay is for bedding.  So far, she loves the Natural Glo,
but has only been on it for about a month.

Supposedly, you can use unstabilized rice bran (Natural Glo is
stabilized = cooked) for the same results w/ a lot lower price.  I
haven't been able to find it, tho.

-Nicole