Treeless Softrider Saddle

Ridecampers,

I have been using the treeless Softrider saddle all of 1998 and have about
1000 miles on it.  I love how it feels and I had thought my horse liked it
also.  But in 4 of the last 5 rides my horse has been off and no one can pin-
point where;   foot (which one?),  leg ?, shoulder?, withers?, back?, butt?,
somewhere between the tail and the head.   It was a question in 4 different
vets heads.  I padded those hooves and got Chiropractic work done and all
seemed fine.  Then on this last ride at mile 65ish of a 100 she was totally
lame.  Guess what?   It was that the saddle was rubbing on both bottom edges
of the sides all along where the billets come down to the girth.  Under my
mid-thigh.  She has open sores on one side.  Her back/sides were so sore that
she practically went to the ground when we tried to touch her after taking the
saddle off.    It isn't in her legs/feet at all but  it is from the saddle.
Now I am saddleless.   I am bummed!!!!!   Not only do I have to wait for her
back/sides to heal but I have the BIG SADDLE HUNT again.  I thought I had
found a great saddle but ......................    Has anyone else ridden the
treeless Softrider saddle on 100s or even just many many miles week after
week?????????????     Does anyone use black wool felt pads  (which is what the
Softrider saddle comes with) under any saddle and have it be okay????    I
used a special made Skito pad under this saddle for awhile.   But the saddle
is made to be used with the black felt pad.  I am writing this so if anyone
has had better luck than I have then I would appreciate a private email.  Also
I want others to know of the possibility of what might happen, but then again
it might not happen ever again.

Brez Gayland and Silk
Southwestern Oregon