Re: Good Endurance Lines

Ruth, I'm catching up on lots of back-email reading, so I'm sorry if
someone else has already said this.

I agree with the main point of your letter -- pedigree really isn't
very important in an endurance horse (or a show horse for that matter
-- unless the judges know who you & your horse are ahead of time!)

But, the reason I'm writing is to furthur your Arabian education a
bit.  Your horse is not CMK (Crabbet Mainsbourough Kellogg) or
Crabbet.  Fadjur breeding is usually considered "American."  *Bask was
pure Polish, & born in Poland (the asteric refers to horses imported
to the US).  Khema was by Khemosabi -- who is American
(Polish/Crabbet/etc).  You are probably best off calling him American
or double Fadjur or Fadjur/*Bask/Khemosabi or just your friend!
Anyway, it's a nice pedigree -- full of halter & performance winners
(all three of those stallions were National Champs at halter & Khemo &
*Bask in performance as well).

I'm sorry I got sidetracked from endurance topics, but as a diehard
"Arab-person" I just had to jump in.  :-)

-Nicole