Re: Top ten BC

    I always wanted AERC to do away with any award of any kind.
    Man, did my wife and her friends think I was crazy!
    I don't want to get too weird here, but...
    I'd be happy just knowing that the trail was marked so an idiot like
myself could follow it, that there was some water and maybe a little forage
along the way, that there were some challenging sections so I could test
myself and my horse a little, that there were some easy sections where maybe I
could lope a bit so me and my bud could shake off some of the tedium of
trotting so much, and maybe, we could come upon a vet check where there was
cool water, snappy forage, juicy mashes and maybe a little tapioca and ruby
red grapefruit juice cocktail AND a vet waiting to vet a horse and rider
(smiles permanently affixed) who could honestly remark, "We're really in the
top ten?"....COOL!  or "We'll try to get done before the awards ceremony so
you can get a hot meal, too."
    The point?
    Endurance is and can be whatever you want it to be.
    What do you want it to be folks?  A p*ssing contest?  (It can be that).  A
way to get away from work and all the BS (It can be that).  A place to find
yourself alone with a way back to basecamp? (It can be that).  A place for you
and your ego to throw stones and kick dirt in the faces of nice people who
just want to ride their horses and feel good about themselves? (It can be
that). (Pray it isn't, though).
    Software and hardware doesn't mean we have to be rude, insensitive or
overly-opininated....
    It can mean, "Hey, how's your horse?"  "Hey, why ain't chu bin ridin?"
"Hey, you have the prettiest horse I've ever seen!"
    I have more to say, but I have to go cook dinner for my wife now.
    The last thing I do before I leave for a ride is...
               I TRY to hang my ego up next to my Elmer Fudd Hat...
     (don't always get it done, but I try).....Frank.