Re: Top ten BC

Linda,

To start - I am not a top tenner, and I used to think this would be
good but I have come to think that the current system pretty much
works. (Often one of the top few horses will win the BC - w/o needing
any help from time points, and would have won the BC against the
entire field too.)  AERC does have a special program for those of
us who ride to see the country and keep our horses in good shape
year after year - lifetime mileage awards.  Sounds like what you
want is longer distance CTR competitions - I think you will not
have any more luck getting AERC to go this way now then you did
years ago - perhaps you might try working on one of the CTR groups
to have longer rides?  Heck if they had  rides of 40 or more miles
in one day and only judged on conditon of the horse I would do
some CTR again. (nothing like that in Colorado folks - maybe there
is in some parts of the country)

Teresa