Re: Ride Cancellations & 94 dollar question

In a message dated 98-09-16 02:54:54 EDT, kraussberner@worldnet.att.net
writes:

<< In a democratic society ruled by law, those
 who are overruled need to live with it--not get their pride up and cancel
 events.  >>

Societies ruled by laws are far from perfect.  If no one objects when they
think there has been a miscarriage of justice, then we are truly in trouble.
If the IRS wrongs you in an audit, I hope you will object--and strenuously!
Our nation was founded on the very principle that individuals can stand up to
the law--our Founding Fathers threw tea in Boston Harbor rather than pay what
they felt was an unfair tax on it.  Thank goodness for pride and individual
initiative to make decisions--we would not be here as a nation without it,
much less have a sport like endurance riding.

Heidi