Re: showing and endurance

Precisely!  I've never understood people when they begin to discuss how the Arab
"breed ideal" is definitely not for them because they've never seen a top level
halter horse that could last a minute on the trail.  Well, I rarely have either,
but the horses seen in the halter ring today almost never represent the true breed
ideal.  They are an exaggerated fad fueled by the demand of a few ignorant
trainers, breeders, and buyers.  The horses that fit the description of the TRUE
ideal Arab generally make excellent endurance mounts.  One only has to look at
halter champions from years long past to see that halter horses weren't always
useless, in fact they were often "using" horses.
Tina