Re: scuffing his toes, dragging his feet behind and slipping

Cheryl;

I would advise that you have your vet out to check the horse. There's really
no sense in making un-informed guesses at what "it" could possibly be. The
first step it to rule out any disease process.
A colleague of mine related a story. I person called him wanting and appt.
This person was feedup with not getting relief for his symptoms, he'd been to
Chiropractors, Massage Therapists... and wanted to be Rolfed. Listening to the
persons description of the problem the Rolfer told them to go see an MD. The
client was irrate. How could an "alternative" therapist event think to suggest
seeing and Allopath.
The man died that night from a heart attack.
First rule out the medical issues, then you can look into the soft tissue
possibilities. This is a rule of mine. Last week I walked away from 5
appointments, because it was a DVM issue, not something for me. One horse that
was supposed to have a shoulder issue, had a fractured rear cannon, the client
missed the edema and the fact that the horse didn't wieght the leg. Another
horse was so painfully stifled I couldn't watch more than three steps.
After you rule out the medical I will be happy to share with you from my bag
of techniques. If the problem is soft tissue, we can really help that.
Off my soap box now.

jim pascucci
Advanced Certified Rolfer