horse prices

I recently bought a 3 year old, registered, sweepstakes nom  gelding
who was ridden in the mountains this summer for $550.  Yes he's
sound, no, he's not crazy.  He's well  broke, no vices, but around
here, the quarter horse reigns supreme.  Well, I didn't bother trying
to enlighten these people, I just took the pretty boy off their hands
and have been enjoying him ever since.
You really do have to be in the right place at the right time,
though, usually the prices do start at around $1500.  I don't know
how the breeders stay afloat.  I won't breed my mares--there just
isn't much market for foals.

Brenda & Angie  (old time veteran of 4 LD rides!)
               Cruise--you want me to do what?!