Re: RE; Arab, welsh cob

I show my welsh and welsh cross ponies at the same shows as the cobs and can
see the "draft" influence. That is mainly why I asked the question re: would
the cross of Arab/Welsh Cob be too coarse. There are a few cobs, large cobs,
that I have seen that are build more like the Sec B, only larger: 15.0-15.2H.
What I'm thinking is to investigate these stallions and their offspring to see
if their foals are like the stallions or are they more draft looking like most
cobs. I do have a 5 month old Arab/Welsh pony cross filly that is the most
awesome foal I've ever seen. At this time she is 12.2H, I wonder if she will
mature large enough for me? Her mom is 14.0 and her sire is my stallion at
13.0. Her arab grandparents are larger, like 15 and up. Her mom was stunted
because she was a nursing foal during a time when her dam was starved nearly
to death. So, maybe she will out grow her parents. All I want is 14.1 or
better.

Leigh Preddy SE region

PS: I do know that panting is a way for a horse to cool off, I just didn't get
from the original question that this horse was very hot. It sounded to me that
the horse panted whenever it was ridden.