Re: palpating for soreness

In a message dated 98-09-04 12:23:50 EDT, D MAJICC writes:

<< I have a horse that after a ride last week I was washing down his legs and
he began to quiver in his hind quarters.  I appeared as though it was just the
skin or just the soft tissue.  I walked him to his stall about twenty feet
away and he stopped.
         Two rides earlier that week I used a saddle that did not fit him and
every time we went down a hill he would turn sideways.  At the time I did not
know what was going on.  I began to walk him after awhile and he began to
quiver so I got off thinking he was going to tieup.  I loosened up the cinch
and it stopped.  I went back home changed saddles and all was well.  My
question to you is there any Vitimin or mineral deficency that could cause a
horse to do this?  He is not sensitive to touch brush other wise.  >>

This horse may be on the verge of a tie-up, and may also just still be
uncomfortable from the saddle episode.  I would advise pulling blood for a
chemistry panel, just in case.  Also check his selenium level.

Heidi