to a minimum weight is of any help. The reason being , that the more dead
weight ones caries , the bigger a factor that will become.
Take 3 riders
#1 rider weights in @ 200 lbs ( carries no non human (dead weight) except
saddle.
# 2 rider weights in @ 150 lbs has to carry 15 lbs of dead weight
# 3 rider weights in @ 110 lbs has to carry 55 lbs of dead weight

Is it any more fair or equal?
Not at all. So I think we both agree that having a minimum weight is of no
benefit. But my horse has the handicap of carrying my Big butt around and that
is his cross that he has to bear.

So Kat I am actually in your corner on the issue of adding weight. I just
disagree with some of the comments on the net regarding that weight is not a
factor. Those comments are either denial or simply sticking ones head in the
sand. I just do not think a problem can be fixed for one person by causing a
problem for someone else. My size is my problem ( and I am not fat) and I do
not want anyone else punished for it. In some sports like hockey I use it to
my advantage. But my size does cause extra workload and stressload for the
better part of my endurance team.

Going to a ride tomorrow so nothing can bother me today!!!!!!

Jerald