Weight stuff

>May not have statistics to prove it but I can assure you that Coujur
>carrying Samm  instead of carrying his usual rider Nina was slower,
>worked harder and took longer . This was after Samm had condition him for
>a while also.

What Susan said is very true. Plus, I have another one. An Arabian I
owned, Desert Embers, I started him, conditioned him and rode him for a
few hundred miles one year.
I knew his HR inside and  out.   Tina Hicks bought him from me.  She got
him after he had been a pasture potato for nearly a  year.   When she
started him BACK, his HR was typically lower with her on him at all gaits
than when I had been riding him FIT.
It's just frustrating.  I have no problem with the weight divisions as
they are.
Here in the SE, the HW race is a tough one. We have lots of very fit, very
competitive folks running and if you stagger over the finish line, you are
likely not going to place in the HW division.  You must ride a smart ride
and try to outride your opponents!!

Samm Bartee
proud HW in the SE region