Arab started too young?

I am looking at a five year old horse.  I am worried that he may have
been started too young.  Though I don't think he was worked heavily, he
was backed as a two year old.  He then went for 30 days professional
training as a three year old.  During that year he was also shown walk,
trot, and trail ridden.  During his four year old year he was shown WTC,
and trail ridden.  From the owner's description, he wasn't worked hard,
but he was indeed worked while young.  The rider was a lightweight.

Are there any signs that I can look for at this point that would indicate
he did too much work while physically immature?  He did pop a splint in
the pasture as a weanling.

Thank you for any information that you can offer.  It is appreciated.

Liz in Belchertown, Massachusetts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]