Re: Mare has accepted its foal

Hi Melanie,
Thanks will  try this sometime as soon as I can walk again properly instead
of hobbling about.
I have heard of John Lyons,know more about Monty Roberts methods as this is
how I train my young horses.
Would love to get my hands on some of John Lyons books or tapes.
When I bought this Schneider mare,she attacked my trainner,who then managed
to ruin her back legs with ropes and she also damanaged her mouth,that was
the last time I ever used that trainner.I bought two of these wild mares
Talari I did not let the trainner touch as she was my horse.I used the old
Indian method with her,wore her down with my constant presence and sang to
her continuously ,it worked with her I can do anything with her,all it took
was time and patience.She Talari accepted me unconditionally.Unfortunately
for the other mare Scharabi she lost her faith in humans.I can catch her
though using the same methods as I did with Talari,once caught she is Ok to
handle by me.
I dont think she meant to kick me,I was leading her to the stable and her
foal started following my husband Robert,I should of held her short but was
also carring a bucket of feed.She got agitated with the foal following Rob
and went ballistic,and here I sit with three lovely kick marks on
me.Bruised to hell and gone as well.
So she had enough space to swing around and kick me good and proper,the
last time the silly horse managed to kick my wrist to pieces.I do seem to
be in the wrong place at the wrong time all the time.*sheepish grin*
Will continue working with untill  she trust s me completely.I have found
that when cornered these Schneider horses are deadly,a horse will either
flee or attack this mare will attack you.

Any ideas where I can get hold of some John Lyons videos or books.
Thanks for your advice.
Regards
kathy
http://196.7.177.40/aht/----------