Re: Entry Fees

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Angela C. McGhee wrote:

> >>In most cases, it depends on who asked whom to do the ride.
>
> I've ridden quite a few people's horses.  I always paid my own entry fee.

It also depends on the skill of the rider, the purpose of the ride, etc.

I have ridden quite a few people's horses.  I have never paid my own entry
fee.  And people who have offered me the opportunity to ride their horse
and pay the fee myself get told, "It's been a long time since I have paid
for the privilege of riding somebody else's horse."

Which doesn't mean that I don't charge people for the privilege of riding
one of my horses :).

The question of who pays for what depends on who is doing whom a favor
(and just how big of a favor is being done), the rider by riding the horse
or the owner by providing the horse.

kat
Orange County, Calif.