Re: Strongid C

On Thu, 03 Sep 1998 12:59:20 -0400 (EDT) CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com wrote:

> I did, indeed, discuss some of the earlier cases with Pfizer and got such a
> rude brushoff that I did not feel there was any point in discussing later
> ones.
>
> Heidi Smith, DVM

Then don't report it to Pfizer, report it to the USP. They will report it to the company and to the FDA and the
company will HAVE to respond.

As a profession, we are rotten at reporting adverse drug reactions. We need to do it, so the entire profession
knows about such problems. Pfizer is acting very responsibly about adverse reactions to their new NSAID,
carprofen, so I think they should be given the opportunity to respond. I've contacted my friend who is a technical
vet for Pfizer to see if she can find any information about reactions in horses. I will post her reply.

Cheers,
Trisha

Trisha Dowling, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVIM & ACVCP
Associate Professor, Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology
Western College of Veterinary Medicine
Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B4
306-966-7359/FAX 306-966-7376