Re: Weight Issue here we go again

Here we go again,

Those of us who have been around have heard this discussion multiple times
already.  All of the old discussions are in the archives.  In general a
1100 lb horse has to work harder to carry his own weight than a 700
lb horse - so he is working harder before you even put rider weight on.
A compact but well built horse can carry weight easier than a tall lanky
one - my very heavy weight father rides a 14.3 hand QH mare - this mare is
the only horse we have with the short strong back plus heavy bone to handle
him (he does not race - just trail rides) If you really need to read all the
arguments why dont you try searching the archives - This list is very nice
in having all the old posts very accessible.

Teresa