Re: Strongid program and colic surgery

Pam, to give you some detailed info on strongid:   I enrolled in the
strongid c2x daily dewormer program (Pfizer, called PreventiCare)  that
will pay  for surgical costs (for colic) and up to 3 days of aftercare,
up to $5,000.  Your vet has to enroll you annually and there are six
basic services your vet must do for you within the year:  1.  annual
physical exam of the horse  2.  annual dental exam and treatment if
necessary  3.  appropriate immunizations  4. daily use of Strongid C or
Strongid C2X   5.  twice yearly ivermectin treatment  6.  nutritional
counseling.
    I'd already been doing all the above with my vet except that I had
not been
buying my ivermectin dewormer from my vet's office...which I now do.  You
also must buy the strongid from your vet.    This program even covers
out-of-state surgery with your certificate.   Takes a month to get the
paperwork through Pfizer and it covers surgery only.
   There are  3 disqualifications for PreventiCare:   1.  any horse that
has had previous colic surgery  2.  any horse that has had colic in the
last 12 months or has a history of chronic colic   3.  any horse under
five months or not fully weaned, or any horse over 20 years of age.  Hope
this info helps.
     To me it's worth it.  In 30 years of owning  and campaigning horses
I've never had to deal with that kind of colic, thank the good Lord, but
you never know.  Connie B (CA)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]