RE: Artificial light

Living in a somewhat colder climate I have to address this statement. While
a blanket will not prevent a horse from growing a winter coat, I have
noticed that the horses tend to grow their coats longer after each little
cold snap.  Blanketed horses do not keep growing their winter coats longer
and longer like this.  You can really tell the difference in horses that
have been blanketed vs. those that haven't.  (Not saying that you shouldn't
use lights in very warm climates - just that blankets do make a pretty big
difference in winter coat length come December, January  here in Colorado)

Teresa

.  A