From: Truman Prevatt <truman.prevatt@netsrq.com>
To: RideCamp <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Sunday, August 30, 1998 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: Keeping weight on

Bring them over the my place.  I am having problems keeping weight off.
My guys are on pasture 24 hours a day and the minimal amount of feed to
cover supplements to keep the diet balanced.  I am now wondering if I
need to stall them to keep their weight down - and they are getting
ridden.

There coats are shiny and they are healthy without the addition of
anythinge other than minerals and vits.

I attribute it to them being on their natural diet - all the grass they
can eat.

Truman

JERRY BARFIELD wrote:

> Stephanie - We have a horse that is hard to keep weight on, espcially when
she is competing.  We feed her beet pulp &
mix in her grain/suppliments ( ABC Plus ) Recently I've tried Body
Builder which I got from Tom Ivers and it works
great.  It builds lean muscle mass, enhances her appetite, and has made
her more calm under stress.  It takes about 3
week to see the difference, but I think it works great.  I also give her
as much Hay as she'll eat and give her as much
corn oil as I can get her to eat mixed in with her beet pulp/grain..
Also give her Vit B12 powder form mixed in her
beet pulp daily to increase her appetite.  She's a picky eater but the
Body Builder and B12 have made a difference.

--
Truman Prevatt
Mystic “The Horse from Hell” Storm

Brooksville, FL