RE: keeping the weight on

Good Morning,

Most of the things you talked about to keep weight onyour horse,
especialy the beet pul.  Instead of all these extra vitamins,
try a compete feed.  I used strategy by purina on my older mare and she
put on wieght on nicely and kept it on and was being trained very
extensively with a lot of stress being put on her at the age of twenty.
During training she got 3lbs per feeding plus 2 cups (When dry) of beet
pulp once a day once I got the weght on her.  She was getting 2 c. beet
pulp twice a day before that. I really believe that Strategy  is the
best all around feed as far as getting all the nutrients needed and
especially for horses that are under stress. (Training)  Call
1800-227-8941 for more info from purina directly about this advance
feeding system.  LOL.  Let me know how you've made out.

Joe D.

Chow!

---- Begin included message ----
Stephanie - We have a horse that is hard to keep weight on, espcially when she is competing.  We feed her beet pulp & mix in her grain/suppliments ( ABC Plus ) Recently I've tried Body Builder which I got from Tom Ivers and it works great.  It builds lean muscle mass, enhances her appetite, and has made her more calm under stress.  It takes about 3 week to see the difference, but I think it works great.  I also give her as much Hay as she'll eat and give her as much corn oil as I can get her to eat mixed in with her beet pulp/grain..  Also give her Vit B12 powder form mixed in her beet pulp daily to increase her appetite.  She's a picky eater but the Body Builder and B12 have made a difference.

Good Luck,

Bernita BArfield
Southwind Arabians
Sierra Vista, AZ