Re: major medical on inexpensive horses...

>My feeling on this is that if a major - and expensive problem such
>as colic surgery comes up - i don't want to have my decision based
>on economics.  Not matter what my horse costs - the balance between
>what i feel for my horse vs the cost is not what I want to be
>thinking about at that time.
>
>Having major medical helps me avoid that even for a $500 horse...
>
>Mike Maul
>W/CT Regions
>Sunnyvale, CA/Houston, TX

Mike,

You mentioned the expense of colic surgery- does anyone use the Strongid
daily worming program that will pay for colic surgery if their horse is on
the program? I don't know much about daily wormers and someone else asked a
similar question earlier about the same thing. I've always just used an
ivermectin paste wormer every 8 weeks. Is this what most folks do?

Thanks, Pam